GEA equipment produces and packages healthy, nutritious and appealing foods as safely and environmentally responsibly as possible. Typical examples of our customers’ end products include round meat, ham, sausages, caseready meats, sliced meat and cheese, and further processed products such as hamburgers, nuggets and ready-to-eat meals.
We also serve niche branches of the protein industry such as pet food, as well as producers of frozen vegetables, potato products, lollipops and sugar cubes. The "scope of supply" figure summarizes the industries GEA Food Solutions serves (input) and the types of products made on our equipment (output). Note that although medical equipment is not our target market, the stringent criteria for packaging sterile products are similar to those for food, so we serve this segment using the same type of thermoform machine.
GEA Food Solutions also serve niche branches of the protein industry such as pet food, as well as producers of frozen vegetables, potato products, lollipops and sugar cubes. Furthermore with the GEA Tiromat brand we serve packaging of consumables and medical equipment.
The six GEA process steps that they build equipment for:
- Preparation - the grinding, mixing, defrosting, analyzing and transporting of raw materials. read more>>
- Marination - adding value by injecting or adding ingredients to enhance flavour, increase yield or extend shelf-life. read more>>
- Processing - the forming, coating, cooking and freezing of meal components like burgers and nuggets. read more>>
- Slicing - the slicing, handling and transporting of sliced meat and cheese. read more>>
- Packaging - horizontal and vertical form, fill and seal packaging machines for all types of food, including meat, fish, vegetables, bread and candy. read more>>
- Sugar based and confectionery - lollipop machinery for froming, wrapping, cooling and packaging as well as sugar cube equipment. read more>>